Sexual Health Changes After Cancer Treatment
Our team understands the unique challenges for women undergoing cancer treatment, including hormonal changes, treatment-induced menopause, and changes in the body caused by radiation or surgery. We’ll work closely with any patient’s referring oncologist to make sure we can find the right solution for their needs.
Female Sexual Health Treatments We Provide
The Female Sexual Health Clinic provides consultations and, when appropriate, refers patients to experts across the Baptist Health South Florida network. With access to a range of specialists and treatments, women receive a personalized plan that’s tailored to their unique needs.
During the initial visit to our clinic, each woman will undergo a complete evaluation with our team. This appointment may include a physical exam and a discussion about the patient’s medical history and the specific sexual concerns they have. We may also ask the patient to undergo some blood tests or imaging.
Based on this consultation, our team can provide a range of treatment referrals. We also collaborate closely with gynecologic oncologists and OB/GYN specialists to make sure we recommend the latest, evidence-based approach for each diagnosis.
Patients may be referred for treatments such as:
- Hormone therapies that can improve hormone imbalances caused by aging or cancer treatment
- Labiaplasty to reshape or restore parts of the labia
- Clitoroplasty to reshape or restore shape to the clitoris
- Pelvic floor Botox® injections that can help with pelvic floor muscle spasms and pain
- Pelvic floor physical therapy to help with pain or pelvic floor function
- Sex therapy to discuss mental or emotional hurdles to a healthy sex life, such as body image issues
- Surgery to treat urinary incontinence with sex or urinary incontinence during climax (climacturia)
- Topical or oral medications to improve arousal
- Vaginal laser therapies that can help with vaginal changes or problems, such as pain, irritation and dryness
- Vaginal rejuvenation with platelet-rich plasma (PRP) injections that can help reduce pain and improve lubrication and arousal
- Vaginoplasty to tighten or restore shape to the vagina
Make An Appointment With The Female Sexual Health Clinic
To make an appointment with the Female Sexual Health Clinic or refer a patient, please give us a call.