At Baptist Health South Florida, we offer Pastoral Care services out of our strong commitment to your emotional, spiritual and religious care.
Research has shown a clear relationship between spirituality and the process of healing. Our Pastoral Care chaplains, representing several religious faiths, provide you and your family support in your time of need, no matter where you are in your spiritual journey.
We are here to help you, no matter your background or faith. We can also connect and guide you to helpful resources within the community.
- A partner in prayer
- Spiritual strength or guidance
- Support in time of sadness, crisis or loss
- Help with ways to cope
- The sacraments
- Help to clarify your values regarding healthcare decisions, such as advanced directives
- Your church or synagogue to be contacted
Our Pastoral Care team can help you or your family at any of Baptist Health South Florida hospitals:
Our Approach to Pastoral Care
As a faith-based organization, we provide chaplains who care for the spiritual and emotional needs of patients and their families. We believe:
- Healing should include your mind, body and spirit
- Everyone, no matter their faith or background, can benefit from support and guidance
We provide interfaith and faith-specific prayer and worship services in our hospital-based chapels for patients and visitors. To find out service times, contact the Pastoral Care offices at:
Baptist Hospital: 786-596-6577
Doctors Hospital: 786-308-3800
Homestead Hospital: 786-243-8551
Mariners Hospital: 305-434-1585
South Miami Hospital: 786-662-5392
West Kendall Baptist Hospital: 786-467-2895