When a hurricane is forecast to hit the area within 24 hours, the hospitals listed above may offer shelter for maternity patients who are 38 weeks pregnant or more, or who have high-risk pregnancies as determined by their physician.
As the storm approaches, hospitals will activate a Hurricane Hotline. Please call 1-855-316-INFO (1-855-316-4636) before coming to the hospital. You will be prompted to choose the hospital at which you plan to deliver your baby and hear information specific to that hospital. The hotline will be updated as new information on the path of the storm becomes available. A recorded message will provide information about when to come to the hospital and where to go when you arrive.
Women who are 38 weeks pregnant or more, or who have high-risk pregnancies as determined by their physician. Unfortunately, due to limited space and other situations, we may not be able to accommodate an adult support partner.
Please call 1-855-316-INFO (1-855-316-4636) for hospital-specific information related to an adult support partner.
No. Sheltering for pregnant women is available only during hurricanes.
- Twin-size air mattress.
- Folding chair.
- Bedding (sheets, blanket, pillow, etc.).
- Personal care items (toothbrush, toothpaste, soap, make-up, towels, hand sanitizer, etc.).
- Enough nonperishable and ready-to-eat food to last for 72 hours for the maternity patient (and her adult support person, if applicable). There will be no facilities to cook or refrigerate food. Sandwiches, crackers, snacks and other nonperishable items are recommended.
- Fluids to last for 72 hours for the maternity patient (and her adult support person, if applicable). Cans or small plastic containers, rather than glass, are recommended.
- Medicine that is taken regularly.
- Reading material.
- Change of clothing.
- Do not bring tents or privacy enclosures, heat-producing equipment or electrical appliances.
- No children or pets allowed. Service dogs are welcome.
We recommend that you gather all these supplies now to avoid last-minute trips to the store or sell-out situations.