Baptist Eye Surgery Center, formerly the Foundation for Advanced Eye Care, is an ambulatory surgery center specializing exclusively in same-day eye surgeries and procedures for a wide range of ocular conditions. With a team of leading specialists and state-of-the-art technology, the center provides convenient and comprehensive surgical eye care. Our on-site Femto laser operates on the most recent software platform, allowing us to provide the quickest and most efficient service.
At our surgical centers in Broward, Palm Beach and Miami-Dade counties, our Board-certified ophthalmologists use the most advanced equipment and procedures in our same-day eye surgery centers.
- Corneal Disease or Injury
- Retinal Problems, including Detached Retinas and Macular Degeneration
- Pediatric Eye Conditions, such as Strabismus and Amblyopia, at our Miami-Dade location
- Oculoplastic Surgery, such as eyelid procedures.
- Cataract surgery using femtosecond lasers and a wide-range of intraocular lens implants.
- Corneal transplants following the Descemet's Stripping Endothelial Keratoplasty (DSEK) technique for smaller incisions and a quicker recovery.
- Eyelid plastic surgery, also called blepharoplasty, to correct drooping eyelids.
- Glaucoma surgery with stents to relieve eye pressure and increase intraocular fluid.
- Muscle correction to treat misaligned eyes or lazy eye.
- Retinal surgery, including vitrectomy, pneumatic retinopexy and scleral buckling, to repair detached retinas.
- YAG laser capsulotomy to improve vision after cataract surgery.
Baptist Eye Center at Sunrise
Baptist Health Surgery Center
Baptist Health Surgery Center at Northpoint
At Baptist Health South Florida’s eye surgery centers, we are known for excellence and compassionate care. We also know your time is valuable, so we offer convenient access and parking and do everything to ensure that getting the care you need is simple, convenient and comfortable.
Meet the Team
Our ophthalmology team specializes in treating a wide range of eye conditions that require surgery. Our team of physicians and healthcare professionals includes:
- Nurse anesthetists
- Registered nurses
- Support staff
We only perform surgery. Any diagnostic testing will be performed prior to your appointment with one of our Board-certified ophthalmologists. Our physicians have specializations in retinal, glaucoma, cataract and corneal disorders and are considered leaders in their field, having developed new techniques to treat eye conditions.
Eye surgery is performed on an outpatient basis, which means you go home the same day. Surgical times vary, but most often, you can go home within two hours after your procedure. You should bring someone with you to drive you home, as you will not be permitted to drive immediately after surgery.