The Critical Care team at Baptist Health South Florida cares for adults with life-threatening injuries and illnesses.
Our Board-certified physicians and specialized team offer comprehensive treatment when you need critical care. We work closely with specialists in cardiology, surgery, neurology, pulmonology and oncology to ensure effective personalized care.
Our Intensive Care Units provide round-the-clock patient-centered care managed by skilled critical care physicians, called intensivists.
Additionally, each of our ICUs link to our eICU through secure video and audio systems. This ICU without borders allows for additional care support from a stationed at a centralized location away from the hospital.
What conditions do the critical care specialists at Baptist Health South Florida treat?
Our team provides multidisciplinary critical care services and partners with the following specialists to offer the highest level of quality care to our sickest patients, including:
- Neurointensivists from Miami Neuroscience Institute to manage stroke, brain injuries and other neurologic conditions requiring critical care.
- Cardiovascular experts from Miami Cardiac & Vascular Institute to oversee treatments, such as extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO) to bypass the heart and lungs, and heart pumps for heart failure patients.
- Cancer specialists from Miami Cancer Institute to assist with bone marrow transplant preparations and after-care, hemorrhaging and life-threatening anemia.
- Surgeons, anesthesiologists, pulmonologists, nephrologists, infectious disease doctors to address complications following surgery or medical treatments
What critical care treatments are offered by Baptist Health South Florida?
Our experts at each of our ICUs offer a variety of critical care treatments to offer the best opportunity for patients to recover.
- All aspects of surgical aftercare for critical care patients
- Rotational therapy, ECMO, nitric oxide and modern oxygen therapy for patients with critical respiratory needs
- External circulation support for cardiovascular patients
- Pain management
- Renal replacement therapy to assist your kidneys’ ability to filter blood
- Advanced nutritional support
Who benefits from critical care services at Baptist Health South Florida?
If you are critically ill or injured, our team of experts, equipped with advanced diagnostic tools and treatment options, gives you a life-saving advantage when you need it most.
Our critical care specialists provide care in person or through eICU services at all Baptist Health South Florida locations.
We partner closely with a wide range of experts to ensure no aspect of your care is ignored or overlooked. We also understand that your loved ones play a key and supportive role in your well-being. As a family-centered facility, we take the time to help them understand your treatment plan.
Additionally, we team up with the Palliative Care team so that you and your family have additional support and expertise available to help you make sound decisions regarding your care.
Our team of critical care experts includes intensivists, advanced practice providers, critical care nurses, respiratory therapists, pharmacists, social workers, nutritionists and pastoral care representatives to ensure all aspects of your health needs are addressed.
We’re proud to have been recognized numerous times with the Beacon Award for Excellence at the gold level. This honor is presented by the American Association of Critical Care Nurses to caregivers who consistently and systematically provide superior evidence-based care that keeps you and your needs at its center.
Protecting our patients’ health is our top priority. In general, visiting hours are open, with two visitors at a time, but certain time restrictions may exist depending on the hospital and your loved one’s condition. It’s best to contact the hospital for specific visiting guidelines. Children under 12 are not permitted in the ICU.