In our High-Risk Breast Clinic, you will be seen by our Director of Clinical Breast Services, Dr. Cheryl Moss-Mellman. During this visit, she will perform a formalized and comprehensive risk evaluation in addition to a thorough clinical breast exam. She will work closely with you to determine your true risk percentage and design an individualized imaging surveillance plan that includes risk reduction strategies. This information will also be shared with your physician to ensure your healthcare providers are working collaboratively to best serve your needs. For more information or to make your appointment, please call 561-955-2131.
Breast Risk Assessment
The following questions are important in determining your risk.
- Have you ever been told you have high breast density?
- Do you have breast implants?
- Have you had a benign breast biopsy?
- Have you had prior radiation to the chest area?
- Do you have a personal or family history of ovarian, colon or breast cancer?
- Is there a history of breast cancer among your mother, father, brother or sister, or at least two other close relatives?
- Have you ever taken oral contraceptives or hormone therapy after menopause?
- Did you get your first menstrual period before 12 years of age?
- Did you have your first child after 30 or have you never been pregnant?
If you answer yes to any of these questions, you should consider a breast risk assessment in our High-Risk Breast Clinic. To schedule an appointment or for more information:
Yes, this is an office visit so your insurance company will be billed accordingly. You will also be subject to pay any copayments or deductibles associated with your particular plan.
This will be determined during your appointment with the physician. The outcome of your initial risk assessment will determine when or if follow-up appointments are recommended.
Ideally, this visit should be scheduled before your breast imaging exams because your risk assessment may indicate you need a different or an additional exam.
During your risk assessment, Dr. Moss-Mellman will utilize sophisticated software to determine your risk score. Should it be determined that you are at high-risk and genetic testing is warranted, we will coordinate an evaluation in our genetics program.