Baptist Health South Florida is committed to providing charitable care to those in need. The Financial Assistance program provides assistance to uninsured patients for medically necessary health care services. It applies only to facility charges and employed physician charges. The policy does not apply to private-practicing physician charges or other independent company billings.
Your eligibility is based on your household income and other resources. The Financial Evaluation & Request for Financial Assistance must be completed in its entirety so that we may determine if you are eligible for assistance. We are happy to assist you with the application process.
In order to process your application, photocopies of one of the following documents are required for every member of your household. Your application will not be reviewed until this documentation is submitted.
- W-2 withholding forms (most recent)
- Paycheck stubs (dated within the last 60 days)
- Income tax returns (for the most recent year)
- Forms approving or denying unemployment compensation or workers’ compensation (dated within the last 12 months)
- A written verification of wages from employer (dated within the last 60 days)
- A written verification from public welfare agencies or any governmental agency which can attest to the patient’s income status for the past twelve months
Also required are photocopies of the following proof of identification and address.
- Valid photo identification.
- Proof of current address
Please note that a personal credit report may be obtained in connection with the evaluation of your application. You may contact a patient financial representative at 786-573-6004 if you have any questions or need help with the application.
The completed application and supporting documentation should be submitted via mail or faxed to:
Baptist Health South Florida
Financial Assistance Department
Post Office Box 439024
Miami, Florida 33243-9024
How do I apply for financial assistance?
How do I get a copy of Baptist Health’s Financial Assistance Policy?
All physicians in the following specialties are required to participate in the Hospital’s Financial Assistance Program for professional services provided in the Hospital:
- Emergency medicine physicians in the Emergency Department
- Diagnostic and interventional radiologists
- Critical care physicians
A physician database can be found online at doctors.baptisthealth.net to determine whether any other Hospital physician belongs to Baptist Health Medical Group, Inc. All physicians who belong to Baptist Health Medical Group, Inc. participate in the Hospital’s Financial Assistance Program.
All other physicians providing care at the Hospital who are not described in one of the categories above and who do not belong to Baptist Health Medical Group, Inc. are not required to participate in the Hospital’s Financial Assistance Program.