Baptist Health South Florida is committed to providing charitable care to those in need. The Financial Assistance program provides assistance to uninsured patients for medically necessary health care services. It applies only to facility charges and employed physician charges. The policy does not apply to private-practicing physician charges or other independent company billings.
Your eligibility is based on your household income and other resources. The Financial Evaluation & Request for Financial Assistance must be completed in its entirety so that we may determine if you are eligible for assistance. We are happy to assist you with the application process.
In order to process your application, photocopies of one of the following documents are required for every member of your household. Your application will not be reviewed until this documentation is submitted.
- W-2 withholding forms (most recent)
- Paycheck stubs (dated within the last 60 days)
- Income tax returns (for the most recent year)
- Forms approving or denying unemployment compensation or workers’ compensation (dated within the last 12 months)
- A written verification of wages from employer (dated within the last 60 days)
- A written verification from public welfare agencies or any governmental agency which can attest to the patient’s income status for the past twelve months
Also required are photocopies of the following proof of identification and address.
- Valid photo identification.
- Proof of current address
Please note that a personal credit report may be obtained in connection with the evaluation of your application. You may contact a patient financial representative at 786-573-6004 if you have any questions or need help with the application.
The completed application and supporting documentation should be mailed to:
Baptist Health South Florida
Financial Assistance Department
Post Office Box 439024
Miami, Florida 33243-9024
Baptist Hospital of Miami
Baptist Outpatient Services
Fishermen's Community Hospital
South Miami Hospital
West Kendall Baptist Hospital
Baptist Health South Florida Charity Care Policy
Baptist Health South Florida Financial Assistance Policy Plain Language Summary