Innovation drives economic growth. In 2017, Baptist Health embarked upon a progressive approach to healthcare innovation through its creation of Baptist Health Innovations. Through the Institute and with its nearly 23,000 employees who provide care to more than 1.5 million patients in 150-plus locations from Palm Beach County to the Florida Keys, Baptist Health anchors a powerful healthcare innovation network in South Florida. Our network can connect with collaborators in the nearly 8,000 healthcare companies in Miami-Dade County. These companies represent more than 30 different healthcare business sectors, more than 100 medical laboratories, more than 6,700 practicing physicians and approximately 140,000 employees.
Goals and objectives:
- Encourage, develop and promote a culture of innovation within the enterprise as a strategy for corporate engagement, philanthropy and recruiting/retaining the best talent.
- Engage innovators and lead the successful commercialization of ideas created by people at Baptist Health through licensing and the start-up of new companies.
- Increase external visibility and economic impact throughout business development and enhance Baptist Health’s reputation.
- Bring more Baptist Health technologies to market.
- Commercialize property to generate return and monetize intellectual assets.
- Globalize cutting-edge technology and license new products, devices, therapies, service lines and hospitals.
- Provide overall financial results for Baptist Health.
- Attract new, cutting-edge healthcare interventions to Baptist Health.