Having fun on Facebook, in chat rooms, and on other social networking sites may increase your child’s circle of friends. But who’s “chatting” with your child online, and what might their intentions be? Learn more at the next community parenting program, “Cyber Smarts: Protecting Our Kids Online,” Thursday, March 22, 7-9 p.m., in the auditorium at Baptist Children’s Hospital, 8900 N. Kendall Drive.
Sargent Joseph Bermudez, of the Miami-Dade Police Department, will share tips for keeping your family internet savvy and cyber-safe. He’ll discuss:
• Tactics used by online predators.
• How to safely share information online.
• What should be kept strictly confidential.
• Appropriate “texting” activity.
• Stopping cyber-bullying.
• What to do if you have suspicions about your child’s online activity.
The program is free, but registration is required. Space is limited. Please call 786-596-3812 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: The program is not intended for children.