- AvMed Health Plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield and Florida Blue
- Cigna HealthCare
- Great West
- Neighborhood Health Plan
- Beech Street Corporation (a Multiplan company)
- Dimension Health
- First Health Network and CCN Network
- Private Healthcare Systems
- AvMed Entrust
- Florida Blue
- Molina Marketplace Exchange
- Algemene Ziektekosten Verzekering: A.Z.V.
- Apollo Ship Chandlers
- AXA Assistance USA
- Banco Centroamericano De Integracion Economica
- Cardea Health Solutions Limited
- Family Guardian Insurance Company Limited
- Generali Global Health Services
- Ingle International, Inc. (d.b.a. Intrepid 24/7)
- Interamericana de Seguros, S.A. (Fichohsa Seguros)
- Pan American Life Insurance Group
- Seguros Azul Vida, S.A., Seguros de Personas
- Seguros Sura, S.A.
- Social Security Board, British Virgin Islands
- VIP Universal Medical Insurance Group, Ltd.
- WW Concierge Healthcare Services, Ltd.
- Aetna International
- Blue Cross International
- Cigna International
- Dimension International
- Global Excel Management
- Global Medical Management/Europ Assistance Holding SA
- Quality Health Management
- UnitedHealthcare International
- Care Plus
- Devoted Health
- Doctors Healthcare Plans
- Leon Medical Center Health Plans
- Medica HealthCare Plans
- Aetna Better Health of Florida Medicaid (f/k/a Coventry Medicaid)
- Florida Community Care, LLC
- Miami Childrens Health Plan, LLC
- Molina Health Medicaid
- Prestige Health Choice
- Staywell/Wellcare Medicaid and Healthy Kids
- United Healthcare of Florida
- Tricare Prime
- TRICARE Select
- Beech Street Corporation
- First Health Network
- Heritage Summit HealthCare of Florida
Thank you for choosing the Baptist Health Surgery Center. Our goal is to make your surgical experience as stress-free as possible.
Please help us better care for you by completing our required forms (link below). You will need:
- driver's license
- insurance card
- list of medications
- list of previous surgeries
- a short summary of the surgical procedure being performed
The first form will ask you for personal and financial information, which will allow us to verify your insurance coverage and inform you of your out-of-pocket responsibilities prior to your date of surgery. The second form will inquire about your medical history. This information will help us plan for your care and it will ensure that you have had all necessary tests performed pre-operatively.
You will receive a confirmation email from the system once the forms have been submitted. Please do not respond to the email since it is an automated message. You will receive a call from our staff a few days before surgery to verify the information you have provided and to give you additional instructions.
Click here to pre-register.
What to Expect Before You Arrive
You will receive a call from a preregistration nurse a few days before your procedure to verify your information, review your benefits and give an estimate of any out-of-pocket charges you may be responsible for. Please note that you may need clearance for surgery by your primary care physician, especially if you have a pre-existing medical condition. Please plan to spend several minutes providing us with this information when we call.
Please note that your arrival time is from 1-1 ½ hours prior to your scheduled surgery to allow enough time to complete your registration and prepare you for your procedure. During this time, you will also have the opportunity to speak to your doctor, the anesthesiologist and our clinical staff. Please be on time; a delay in starting your case could affect many other patients that day.
Surgery can create some anxiety and stress. While these are more normal reactions, it may be helpful if you talk freely with your surgeon and anesthesiologist about your concerns. They will answer your questions, and they will discuss with you the best surgical anesthesia for your needs.
Family or friend as companion
You will need to bring along a responsible companion who can drive you home after your procedure and assist you with follow-up care. It is not necessary that he or she wait at the center during the procedure. Your companion can provide us with a phone number where he or she can be reached when you are ready to be discharged. Or, your companion has the option to enjoy the following amenities while waiting:
- Waiting rooms with comfortable seating
- Flat screen TVs
- Freshly brewed coffee
Please notify your surgeon if you develop any sign of illness - even a cold - before the date of your surgery.
The day before surgery
- Do not eat or drink anything after midnight the day before your surgery — not even water. (Many surgeries have to be canceled because people forget this rule.)
- Do not smoke 24 hours prior to surgery.
- Consult your surgeon regarding any prescribed medications.
The day of your surgery
- The morning of your surgery, you may brush your teeth, but do not swallow the water.
- Do not chew gum or eat hard candy the morning of your surgery.
- Bring your insurance card, driver’s license or picture ID.
- Bring a list of your medications and dosages with you
- You may wear your glasses, dentures or hearing aid.
- Be sure to wear loose, casual clothing that will be comfortable and easy to put back on after your surgery, including low-heeled, comfortable shoes with non-slippery soles.
- Do not wear any eye makeup.
- Do not bring or wear any jewelry or other valuables.
- Bring a responsible adult to drive you home.
Please keep in mind that if you do not follow the proper instructions, your surgery could be delayed or rescheduled.
Recovery & Discharge
Upon discharge, a nurse will go over your written discharge instructions with you and you will be given a copy. Prescriptions will be given to you if necessary by your physician.
Resources for Hospital Data
Florida's Agency for Health Care Administration (AHCA) makes available data on hospital prices and performance on their website at Pricing.FloridaHealthFinder.Gov. The service bundle information is a non-personalized estimate of costs that may be incurred by the patient for anticipated services and that actual costs will be based on services actually provided to the patient.
Baptist Health is committed to quality healthcare and patient safety, participating in a variety of state and national initiatives.
During your visit at our facility, you may receive services from our facility as well as from other health care providers. You may receive a separate bill from these other health care providers, and they may or may not participate in the same health insurance plans as the facility. You should contact the health care providers who may render services to you for a list of the insurance plans with which they participate. You may also request from the facility and other health care providers a personalized estimate of charges. For a list of health care providers and medical practices who may provide services to you during your visit a Baptist Health facility, click here.
If you have any questions regarding a separate statement/invoice you received from a health care provider, please contact the specific health care provider’s or group’s billing offices.
If however, you have any questions or concerns directly pertaining to your Baptist Health facility bill, please contact our Patient Financial Services Department at (786) 594-6000.
Additional information regarding patient billing and collection procedures, our financial assistance policy and charitable care program is available on our site.