The mission of the Cancer Patient Support Center at Miami Cancer Institute is to enhance the quality of life and health outcomes of patients with cancer and their caregivers by addressing their physical, psychological, social and spiritual needs through high-quality clinical care, education and research across the continuum of care.
From discomfort to emotional stress, a cancer diagnosis and its treatment can take a tremendous toll on the physical and emotional well-being of patients and their caregivers. Taking care of the whole patient is a key component of providing world-class cancer care, and it is central to our mission. Miami Cancer Institute’s interdisciplinary team of physicians and allied health professionals work collaboratively to provide comprehensive, patient-centered care that focuses on your psychological, social and spiritual health. Our goal is to help you be independent and strong so you can continue your familiar activities.
Our integrated, multispecialty approach is centered on the combined resources of four medical specialties: Psychosocial Oncology; Integrative Medicine; Rehabilitation; and Survivorship.
About Our Center
The Patient Support Center at Miami Cancer Institute is located on the third floor of the Institute’s west wing. The 8,000 square-foot pavilion is uniquely designed to create a therapeutic mind-body environment that promotes healing, wellness and recovery. It includes:
- Central gathering room, where patients and their loved ones can find relaxation and support.
- Patient and family education and resource center, featuring a computer lab with Internet access and a library with multimedia educational materials.
- Examination and consultation suites for psychiatric oncology, holistic integrative medicine, cancer rehabilitation, palliative care, survivorship programs, nutrition counseling, social work, speech pathology and patient navigation.
- Treatment suites for acupuncture, acupressure and massage therapy.
- Mind-body therapy suite for mindfulness meditation, guided-visual imagery and progressive muscle relaxation.
- Multimedia conference and meeting rooms for support groups, community education sessions, prevention and screening lectures and physical activity sessions such as yoga and Tai Chi.
- Gourmet Teaching Kitchen for nutrition classes, healthy cooking demonstrations, community seminars and celebrity chef events.
- Brain Fitness Lab to provide state-of-the-art computerized neurocognitive assessments and cognitive remediation training programs for patients with cancer-related cognitive impairments.
- Creative Studio for art and music therapy.
- Meditative gardens and outdoor spaces.
- Gift Shop Boutique and Salon.
Learn more about the programs and support offered at Miami Cancer Institute: