The Founders Society at Baptist Health South Florida is a recognition program developed to honor and celebrate the commitment of our donors. Founders are leaders and visionaries whose generous gifts are invested in the future of healthcare.
Created by Baptist Health Foundation, the Founders Society is a caring, charitable group of friends and community leaders who share our mission to provide the highest-quality healthcare to our community.
Members receive personal attention from our Founders Society team, along with special honors, privileges and benefits, including:
- Founders' membership award signifying the Founder's commitment.
- Permanent recognition on our Donor Wall.
- Preferred seating and special recognition at select Foundation events and in our publications.
- Welcome and special recognition for new Founders at annual Founders Dinner in the year the original pledge is made.
- Invitations to private social functions throughout the year.
- Public recognition and photograph, with donor’s permission.
Hospital Privileges and Amenities for Founders Society Members
Each hospital offers a list of exceptional privileges and amenities, including:
- Founders Society membership card. Founders receive a membership card with a phone number that provides them 24-hour access to the Founders Society team. By calling that number, Founders and their pediatric dependent children.
- Executive Health program. Preferred rates are extended to Founders for Baptist Health’s Executive Health physical.
- Physician liaison. The Founders Society administrator works closely with the designated physician liaison to ensure Founders’ needs are met.
- Preferred parking. Preferred or privileged parking is available with your Founders Society card or parking decal.
- Valet parking is complimentary for Founders at Baptist Hospital, Doctors Hospital, South Miami Hospital and West Kendall Baptist Hospital.
- Baptist Hospital has designated Founders parking on the first floor of Parking Garage #5 which is located by the Victor Clarke Pavilion on Baptist Hospital campus.
- Homestead Hospital has designated Founders parking in the first parking lot in front of the hospital entrance.
- Mariners Hospital has open parking.
- Emergency care. If emergency care is needed, a Founders Society representative will be available to assist and/or support the family, as appropriate. Please remember that our emergency rooms and hospitals must abide by the “triage system,” requiring that the sickest people be seen first by Baptist Health’s superb medical staff.
- Special hospital amenities. The Foundation responds to Founders’ inpatient requests and coordinates special amenities, including arranging for guest trays, fruit baskets, flowers and newspapers, for an additional fee.
- Founders Society Lounge. Members receive access to Founders Society Lounges located at Baptist Hospital, Homestead Hospital, South Miami Hospital and West Kendall Baptist Hospital.
- Private duty nursing care. Nurses and nursing assistants are available upon request at preferred rates.
- HealthNetwork. When away from South Florida, Founders are eligible for the HealthNetwork program, which provides concierge services at some of the best health institutions in the U.S. Baptist Health is a Gold Star member of HealthNetwork.
Methods of Giving
- Cash donation.
- Pledge structured for a predetermined number of years.
- Gift of stock, real estate or tangible property.
- Special planned gifts and gifts of insurance.
To learn more about becoming a member of the Founders Society and membership privileges, please contact Jamie Thomas, Assistant Vice President, Development, at 786-467-5421 or JamieT@BaptistHealth.net.