Miami Cancer Institute's team of mental health professionals cares deeply about your emotional needs as you cope with cancer and treatment.
Our psychiatrists, psychologists, licensed clinical social workers and chaplains work collaboratively to address psychological issues, ranging from stress management to anxiety, depression, fear of recurrence and cognitive deficits.
Treatment strategies include:
- Individual and family therapy
- Cognitive behavioral therapy and/or pharmacotherapy for depression and anxiety
- Treatment of cancer-related fatigue and cognitive dysfunction
- Support groups, stress management groups and educational classes
- Mind-body therapies: progressive muscle relaxation, deep breathing techniques, visual guided imagery and mindfulness meditation
- Brain fitness program, utilizing innovative virtual reality computerized programs to improve cognitive impairments
- Pastoral counseling