April 6, 2020 by Amy Kimberlain
Healthy Recipe: Roasted Carrots
Roasted carrots are an easy, healthy, and affordable side dish. Considered the ultimate health food, carrots are rich in vitamin A, minerals and fiber. This roasted carrot dish can be served hot, warm or at room temperature. Deep caramelization from roasting brings out the natural sweetness in carrots. Experiment with different herbs for a variety of flavor combinations.
Makes 4 servings
- 1 pound carrots
- 1 ½ teaspoons olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced dill or parsley
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a 15 x 10-inch baking pan with foil; lightly coat with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Try to cut the carrots as evenly as possible. If the pieces are too large or too long, they may cook unevenly; if they’re too small, they will likely burn.
- Cut peeled carrots in half and then halve or quarter the carrots lengthwise depending on thickness.
- Toss the carrots with oil, kosher salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Arrange the carrots in a single layer in the prepared baking pan.
- Roast 20 to 25 minutes or until the carrots are tender and caramelized, using tongs to turn once.
- Sprinkle with dill (or parsley) and serve.
Nutritional information: (Serving size: ½ cup): Calories 56, Fat 2g, Saturated Fat 0, Carbohydrates 10g, Sodium 93 mg, Protein 1g.