December 5, 2018 by Amy Kimberlain
#BaptistHealthy: Zucchini Noodles (Video)
Did you know that one cup of cooked pasta has 220 calories and 43 grams of carbohydrates? Save calories and eat more vegetables by giving zucchini noodles – also known as “zoodles” — a try. Watch the video now:
1 large zucchini
1 teaspoon of olive oil
- Wash and dry zucchini. Cut ends.
- Using a veggie spiralizer, make noodles on a cutting board. (If you don’t have access to a spiralizer, you can use a veggie peeler to make thicker flat noodles or a Julienne Peeler to make string noodles.)
- On medium setting, heat oil in sauté pan. Add noodles.
- Cook for 5 minutes. Toss occasionally.
- Remove from heat and serve on plate.
- Top with your favorite pasta toppings.
Makes 2 servings
Nutrition Information (per serving): Serving size ½ cup: Calories 46; Fat 3g; Carbs 5g; Soldium 15 mg; Protein 2 g.