October 23, 2018 by John Fernandez
#BaptistHealthy: Strawberry Balsamic Vinaigrette (Video)
Strawberries are a tasty addition to salad and using them to make homemade salad dressing is easy.
Many store-bought dressings are loaded with sugar and artificial ingredients that can cause inflammation. Making your own salad dressing allows you to control the ingredients and keep it healthy. Watch the video to see how.
Strawberry Balsamic Vinaigrette Salad Dressing
Makes 18 servings
- 4 strawberries
- 4 ounces balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon-style mustard
- 1 tablespoon orange juice and zest
- 5 ounces olive oil
- In a mason jar, muddle strawberries.
- In a bowl, whisk together vinegar, mustard, orange juice and zest.
- Pour whisked ingredients into the mason jar with the strawberries.
- In the jar, add oil and whisk all together until thickened. Refrigerate to cool.
- Pour over salad and enjoy.
Nutritional information (per serving, 1 tablespoon per serving): Calories 76, Fat 4g, Saturated fat 1g, Carbohydrate 2g, Sodium 5mg