November 24, 2021 by John Fernandez
#BaptistHealthy: Roasted Chickpeas (Video)
Roasted chickpeas make a great healthy snack. Loaded with protein and fiber, they are low in calories and provide a crunchy snack that will fill you up. You can also toss roasted chickpeas in a salad to replace croutons.
Serves 4, serving size ½ cup
- 1 (15-ounce) cans chickpeas
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/8 tsp chili powder
- 1/8 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Fresh rosemary
- Heat the oven to 400°F.
- Rinse and drain the chickpeas. Dry chickpeas by blotting with paper towel.
- Spread chickpeas on baking sheet.
- Pour olive oil and sprinkle seasonings and fresh herbs on top of chickpeas.
- Roast the chickpeas in the oven for 20 to 30 minutes, stirring them or shaking the pan every 10 minutes until chickpeas are golden and slightly darkened, dry and crispy on the outside and soft in the middle.
Nutritional information: (per serving): Calories 153, Fat 2.5g, Carbohydrates 27g, Sodium 250mg, Protein 6g.