August 10, 2018 by John Fernandez and Tanya Racoobian
#BaptistHealthy: Overnight Oats
Overnight oats make for a healthy breakfast for the whole family. Just mix and let sit overnight for a nutritious morning treat. Watch now!
- Milk or milk alternative
- Pour ¼ cup oatmeal into each container
- ½ cup of milk, water or milk alternative
- Cover container and let sit in the refrigerator 1-3 days
- Enjoy cold or put in the microwave to warm up for 1 minute
- Add desired ingredients. Here are some options:
- Strawberries and sliced almonds, chia seeds
- Banana, walnuts, vanilla extract, cinnamon
- Cocoa powder, coconut flakes and plain Greek yogurt
- Blueberries and almond butter
One serving using 1% fat milk:
- Nutrition Information (per serving): Calories 200; Calories from Fat 35; Total Fat 4 g; Saturated Fat 1 g; Cholesterol 5 mg; Dietary Fiber 4 g; Carbohydrates 32 g; Sugars 6 g; Sodium 55 mg; Protein 11 g.
One serving using water:
- Nutrition Information (per serving): Calories 150; Calories from Fat 25 g; Total Fat 2.5 g; Dietary Fiber 4 g; Carbohydrates 26 g; Sodium 5 mg; Protein 7 g.