October 18, 2018 by Muriel Sommers
#BaptistHealthy: How to Make Cauliflower Rice
Cauliflower is a member of the cancer-fighting cruciferous family of vegetables. It is anti-inflammatory and antioxidant-rich, which means it’s good for your overall health. Here’s how to turn this “superfood” into a tasty and healthy rice dish. Watch the video
(Video by George Carvalho, Steve Pipho and Irina de Souza)
- Cauliflower head
- 1 tsp olive oil
- ½ Lime
- 1 bunch of Cilantro
- Wash and cut stem and leaves from cauliflower head. Cut into small florets.
- Place florets into food processor or you can use a grater to make rice.
- On medium heat, heat oil in sauté pan and add cauliflower rice. Spread flat over surface of pan.
- Cook for 5 mins. Stir constantly.
- Add lime juice and chopped cilantro.
Makes 4 servings (serving size ½ cup)
1 g fat
3 g carbs
15 mg sodium
1 g protein