November 24, 2021 by John Fernandez
#BaptistHealthy: Green Beans Almondine (Video)
This Christmas, try a plate of green beans almondine. Healthy, easy to make, and serves 15 people with just 58 calories per serving. Watch now!
- 2 pounds green beans, trimmed
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Toss beans, garlic, almonds, oil, and salt in a large bowl. Spread out on 2 large-rimmed baking sheets and roast for about 15-17 minutes, or until softened and slightly blistered. Stirring the beans once or twice during roasting.
Roasted Sliced Almonds
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Place sliced raw almonds on a baking sheet, evenly distributed. Toast in oven for about 5-8 minutes or until golden brown.
- Be careful. Almonds can burn very fast if left too long in the oven.
Makes 15 servings
Nutrition information: (per serving): Calories 58; Carbohydrates 5 g; Fat 4 g; Protein 2 g; Sodium 40 mg.