July 11, 2020 by Peter B. Laird
#BaptistHealthy Easy Eats: Avocado Toast
Your plans probably call for a Father’s Day brunch at home. Eating brunch together is not just about the food, it is more about spending time with loved ones. Enjoying the social aspects of brunch helps get your mind off the food and overeating.
Did you know avocados provide a healthy source of monounsaturated fats, vitamins and minerals? Replacing saturated fats with monounsaturated fats can help prevent heart disease and diabetes. Try alternating eggs in the morning with this yummy and healthy avocado toast.
Makes 4 servings
- 1 half avocado
- ½ lime
- Salt and pepper for taste
- Cut avocado in half. Remove pit. Scoop out of shell into bowl.
- Smash avocado.
- Sprinkle with lime juice. Add salt and pepper. Stir well.
- Toast whole grain, high-fiber toast.
- Spread avocado mixture on toast.
- Top with your favorite toppings (cherry tomatoes, chia seeds, hemp seeds, feta cheese, hot sauce, or something else).
Nutritional Information (per serving): Serving size 2 tablespoons: Calories 60; Fat 6g; Carbohydrates 3g; Sodium 30mg; Protein 1g.