November 24, 2021 by John Fernandez
#BaptistHealthy: Baked Potato Latkes (Video)
Here’s a healthy latke recipe for the whole family, just in time for Hanukkah. Latkes are traditional “potato pancake” dishes served during Hanukkah festivities. Chag Sameach (Hebrew for Happy Holiday) and enjoy!
- 2 pounds potatoes, shredded or grated
- 1 onion, shredded or grated
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Drain excess liquid from potatoes and onion really well. Mix all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Spray two baking sheets generously to prevent sticking.
- Place latke mixture in ¼ cup portion on baking sheet; flatten.
- Bake 15 minutes; turn latkes and bake 10 minutes longer.
- Top with applesauce or sour cream and serve.
Yields 14 latkes.
Nutrition information (per 1 latke, not including toppings): Calories 71; Carbohydrates 13.8 g; Fiber 1.6 g; Protein 2.4 g; Sodium 21 mg.