August 16, 2018 by John Fernandez
#BaptistHealthy: Avocado Toast (Video)
Did you know avocados provide a healthy source of monounsaturated fats, vitamins and minerals? Replacing saturated fats with monounsaturated fats can help prevent heart disease and diabetes. Try alternating eggs in the morning with a yummy and healthy avocado toast. Watch now!
- 1 half avocado
- ½ lime
- Salt and pepper for taste
- Cut avocado in half. Remove pit. Scoop out of shell into bowl.
- Smash avocado. Sprinkle with lime juice. Add salt and pepper. Stir well.
- Toast whole grain, high-fiber toast.
- Spread avocado mixture on toast.
- Top with your favorite toppings (cherry tomatoes, chia seeds, hemp seeds, feta cheese, hot sauce, or other).
Makes 4 servings
Nutrition Information (per serving): Serving size 2 tbsp: Calories 60; Fat 6 g; Carbohydrates 3 g; Sodium 30 mg; Protein 1 g.