As a Pharmacy Technician you can be at the front line of healthcare- preparing and delivering medications and supporting pharmacists to provide care to our patients.
Since 2019, the Pharmacy Technician Training Program at Baptist Health South Florida has partnered with our inpatient and outpatient pharmacies to provide participants with online education modules, on-site group simulations, and experiential on-site education. This 15-week, full-time (600 hours) course combines online learning with on-site practical experience at our Miami-Dade, Broward, and Palm Beach facilities. At the completion of your training you will be eligible to apply for registration with the Florida Board of Pharmacy as a Pharmacy Technician.
Length of Training Program
16 weeks (Full time requirement)
Pending American Society of Health-System Pharmacists accreditation (Anticipated Winter of 2021)
Tuition for those accepted into the program is $2,500.
- Participants must be aged 18 or older at the start of the program
- Graduated from an accredited high-school or received a GED Diploma
- No prior Healthcare experience required
- Completion of program application
- Copy of high school diploma, GED, or equivalent
- Successful completion of BHSF affiliate criminal background check and drug screen
- Completion of confidentiality agreement
- Compliance with BHSF immunization requirements
- Passing scores for pre-enrollment Math and English competency assessment
- Where do applicants go to apply? Send email to program director Robert Kraljevich, Pharm.D., BCPS at RobertKr@BaptistHealth.net requesting application information
When are applications accepted?
October, February, June
- When are candidate interviews? November, March, July
- When are candidates matched/notified of acceptance? December, April, July
- When does the program start? January, May, August
Over the 16-week course you will participate in a variety of training experiences including:
- On-line didactic and simulations modules
- On-site simulation experiences
- 8 weeks of experiential rotations
- Retail / Outpatient Pharmacy Rotation
- Hospital / Acute Care Pharmacy Rotation
- Advanced Hospital / Acute Care Pharmacy Rotation