South Miami Hospital’s Fibroid Center, a part of the hospital’s Center for Women & Infants, offers women a unique, multispecialty approach to diagnosing and treating uterine fibroids – noncancerous growths in the uterus or womb. Our team of specialists includes gynecologic robotic surgeons, interventional radiologists and fertility specialists. In addition to traditional treatments, doctors at the Fibroid Center also have options that are less invasive and can preserve a woman’s fertility.
- Same day consultation with two or more physicians.
- Thorough pre-screening phone interview and assessment with dedicated nurse practitioner.
- Availability of same-day diagnostic and other necessary testing..
- Panel of experienced physicians who specialize in diagnosis and treatment of fibroids.
- Treatment recommendations based on the opinions of multiple specialists.
- Patients leave their consultation with treatment recommendations that can be shared with the referring physician.
The Fibroid Center offers diagnostic tools so the expert team of doctors and a dedicated nurse practitioner can evaluate and treat fibroids, all in one location. These doctors work together, along with women and their own doctors, to develop and implement a successful treatment plan. The Fibroid Center's coordinator will schedule the necessary tests and evaluations with the appropriate specialists in one comprehensive visit. To schedule an evaluation, including the necessary diagnostic tests
Learn about related research and our clinical trials.