Rehabilitation optimizes your physical conditioning during cancer treatment and mitigates the negative impact on your physical strength, stamina and endurance.
Miami Cancer Institute’s team of physicians, physiatrists and therapists help you adapt to physical changes during and after cancer treatment and regain control over many aspects of your life.
Treatment strategies include:
- Musculoskeletal function restoration, to restore mobility and function
- Physical therapy, to increase strength and range of motion
- Lymphedema therapy, to reduce swelling in the limbs
- Speech and swallowing therapy, to correct language and swallowing difficulties
- Occupational therapy, to assist with daily living activities