As a cancer survivor, you are in good company. Cancer survivors in the U.S. number in the millions, thanks in part to earlier detection and advances in treatment.
Miami Cancer Institute’s Survivorship Program team is right there with you as you move into the next phase of your life.
With an emphasis on healing, recovery, wellness and disease prevention, our team helps you manage the late and long-term effects of cancer and its treatments, such as:
- Cognitive difficulties, poor concentration or memory loss
- Depression, anxiety or fear of recurrence
- Physical deconditioning
- Body image and sexual dysfunction related to cancer and its treatment
We provide counseling on preventative health behaviors, surveillance care to monitor and screen for recurrent or new cancers and promote wellness through lifestyle changes. Specific therapies include:
- Nutrition counseling
- Physical activity assessment and fitness training
- Weight management
- Referrals to appropriate medical specialists
- Resources for continuing healthcare needs